AE Conference Events
Download PDF Version – Coming soon
9:00 – 9:30 Emcee opening statements and welcome from Col Scherer
– Guest Speaker – NASA Ambassador presentation on Mission Mars Captain Mike Marzano from LAKE IN THE HILLS COMPOSITE SQUADRON
9:30 – 10:20
Breakout Session 1 for AEO’s morning session
– Check back for more information, coming soon.
9:30 – 10:20 “Birds Aren’t The Only Things That Fly” (A brief history on flight will be given as a game show format).
Presented by: Capt. Raymond Mucha the Illinois Wing Historian
10:30 – 11:20
Breakout Session 2 for AEO’s morning session
– AEX program within the squadron and the classroom.
10:30 – 11:20 “Aviation Career Exploration” (This discussion panel consists of an A&P, Corporate Pilot, Airline Pilot, Air Force Recruiter and Flight Instructor. It is an opportunity for cadets considering a career in aviation to ask questions and explore the options)
– Maj Tim Markham Aviation Maintenance
– George Roy Corporate Aviation
– (Speaker Pending) Flight Instruction
– (Speaker Pending) Airport Operations
– Capt Dave Hooper Airline Pilot retired
10:30 – 11:20 “Robots In Action” (A history of robots and their uses today and in the future)
11:30 – 1:30 Lunch – Food Truck
– Ongoing voting on airplane models
– Additional time to view STEM kit presentation and the UAV Challenge
1:30 – 2:20
Breakout Session 1 for AEM’s afternoon
– “Science of Toys in Space” Maj Art Urban, presenter.
– This is an interactive program showing how simple toys that were taken aboard the space shuttle can be used to teach the effects of gravity and Newtons Laws of Motion. It’s hands-on and shows how to make some of the toys without having to go out and buy them.
2:30 – 3:20
Breakout Session 2 for AEM’s afternoon
– Presented by: Major Carol Curtis
– “Integrating The CAP Aerospace Education Programs into the Classroom Curriculum”.
2:30 – 3:20 “Our Changing Weather”
– Presenter to be announced
3:30 – 4:20
Cadet Team based AE themed Quiz Bowl
3:30 – 4:00 Closing ceremony and presentation of model making contest trophies.
All Day Events:
STEM Kit Presentations:
Model and Remote-Control Aircraft
Artificial Reality AR
UAV Obstacle Course Challenge and demonstration – Afternoon
Helium Balloon Project – Afternoon
Wreaths Across America Table
CAP Information Table